FORMAX has invested heavily in state of the art machinery, utilising predominatly Karl MAYER multiaxials, but also a number of bespoke manufactured machines for specific applications.
The FORMAX manufacturing plant is constantly maintained, updated and developed to ensure that the company is able to guarantee quality and cost effective products.
Technologies available at FORMAX are:
* 50" and 100'' multiaxial machines, offering biaxial (+/-45 & 0/90), triaxial (0/-45/+45 & -45/90/+45) and quadaxial (0/-45/90/+45) fabrics with an ability to offer on-line CSM.
* 50" and 100" biaxial machines offer 0/90 biaxials, with multiple layers of CSM, CFM, or other core materials.
* 50" and 60" carbon multiaxials, offering in-line tow-spreading to enable the manufacture of lightweight carbon materials.
* Woven and non-woven unidirectional machines - manufacturing UD's and UD tapes in carbon and glass.
* Cutting facilities enable FORMAX to offer kits cut to width and length. Tapes can be cut either on-line or off-line, to most widths and any length.
* Powder binding, heat-setting and laminating enables FORMAX to offer fabrics with a variety of finishes, including bonded veils, and material ready for preforming.
* Fabric inspection and re-rolling.